KAREN M. MCMANUS COLLECTION

KAREN M. MCMANUS COLLECTION

29/12/22


Over the last month I read 5 books by Karen M McManus (including the sequel to a book I read in 2021) so I thought I would just do one big review. It may go without saying here, but I think I may have a new favourite author!

I read "One Of Us Is Next", "Two Can Keep A Secret", "The Cousins", "You'll Be The Death Of Me" and "Nothing More To Tell". They were all very different but Karen's vivid story telling is consistent throughout.

I loved "One Of Us Is Next" as it brought back characters from the first book and introduced new ones; I liked the familiarity.

"Two Can Keep A Secret" may have been my favourite of the 5 I read. It was kind of 2 mysteries in one and with old secrets cropping up occasionally, it really kept me on my toes.

"The Cousins" was very good, one thing I love about Karen's books is the chapters are separated by which character we're following at the time; this was exceptionally interesting following the 3 cousins in this story. That is all I shall divulge...

"You'll Be The Death Of Me" was a wild ride. Very fast paced, I read this one in only a day! I couldn't put it down. It was giving "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" vibes... but with murder!

"Nothing More To Tell" was also very fast paced. I love a story about someone who comes back to a town after a few years of being away as we get to learn what things used to be like and what has changed in a short space of time rather than being dragged out over the entire book. I liked the sentimental value in the story too. You'll get what I mean if you read it!

I can't wait to read what Karen puts out next!




Happy reading!

Lotte :) xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO KILL YOUR FAMILY BY BELLA MACKIE

CAN'T WAIT TO READ IN 2023!

TOMORROW WILL BE A GOOD DAY BY CAPTAIN TOM MOORE