CARRIE BY STEPHEN KING

 CARRIE - STEPHEN KING

21/01/20


I like that the book is based round an event that happens at the prom, but you don't know what happens until the very end, however over time you get more and more details added for you to kind of piece together the story for yourself. So it makes you want to continue reading to find out what happens. The way the book is set out is like a series of police reports and interviews and people telling different stories that all build up to the prom night. And it has an ending that definitely will make you think... It's a very cleverly written book, but do we expect anything less from Stephen King?

I found it a fairly easy read. I would pick it up and in half an hour I will have read 30 odd pages. But it was a fun read to. The way King sets a scene will always fascinate me, you always feel like you're actually there in the heat of the action.

Carrie is such an iconic story too, so I'm very glad I've read it this early on in the year. It's one of those stories that makes you think "how on earth did the author come up with these ideas and thoughts?" From the telekinesis side of things, to all of the blood and terror and let's not forget Carrie's psychotically religious mother. King's mind is insane, and I love it.

I can't believe that this was Stephen King's first published novel. It's so good, it seems like he was a bestseller and therefore knew how to write well. But this is the debut. King was born to write, that's 100% certain.

Happy reading!
Lotte :) xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO KILL YOUR FAMILY BY BELLA MACKIE

CAN'T WAIT TO READ IN 2023!

TOMORROW WILL BE A GOOD DAY BY CAPTAIN TOM MOORE