THE UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY BY RACHEL JOYCE

 THE UNLIKELY PILGRIMAGE OF HAROLD FRY- RACHEL JOYCE

21/03/20


The first thing I want to say about this book, before you even start reading, just look at the font. It's a very satisfying don't to look at. I don't know if anyone finds that interesting but I love it.

One of the best things about this story is that it gets started straight away and then you slowly learn more about each character as the story goes on. I think it's a really interesting approach to storytelling.

It's the kind of story that makes you feel very sentimental and like you need to go and tell all your loved ones how much you love them. It's a mixed blessing learning things about Harold's past, some are happy but some are really sad. It's confusing because you don't know whether to sympathise with him or not.

Something that makes me really sad is about halfway through when he starts getting a lot of publicity for his walk. It takes away the original message if his walk, he's not doing it to make a statement, it was just something he was doing for himself and his friend. But that part of the story I guess is necessary because it makes the walk more meaningful when the publicity goes away.

All in all, this is one of my favourite books of all time, I highly recommend for anyone who loves a journey and who needs a little hope, especially now.

Happy reading!
Lotte :) xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO KILL YOUR FAMILY BY BELLA MACKIE

CAN'T WAIT TO READ IN 2023!

TOMORROW WILL BE A GOOD DAY BY CAPTAIN TOM MOORE